• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transfer file to KOBO Glo receive the error: {file name}E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN - failed to write

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to transfer a PDF file from Digital Editions to KOBO Glo ereader I received the following error:

{file name}E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN - failed to write destination file

I have transfered Word documents successfully to the KOBO.  This is the first PDF file I have tried to transfer.

I can see the books that I have transfered to the KOBO when I click on the KOBO icon in Digital Editions.

Any suggestions grealty appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably you transferred the work file using Explorer or similar, not ADE (digital editions)?

You can transfer non-DRM .pdf files the same way.

If you are trying to transfer from ADE, are you sure that you have authorized the Kobo from ADE for your Adobe ID?

Normally it should give a different message in that case; but ADE messages are erratic, usually incomprehensible and often plain wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.

I found the problem.  It appears that my USB port has failed.  When I went to disconnect the KOBO the little icon for removing external hardware was missing.  Changed KOBO to different USB port and everything worked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines