Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search function does not work in Japanese windows 7/XP Operation System

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us some more detail? Does the file launch? Is it on a network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I really don't what the meaning of "Does the file launch? Is it on a network drive?"..

You know, I create a project file(all contents in every page is english) by using Robohelp 10, then I generate Microsoft HTML Help(chm), during generating,popup a dialog window which says “Html Help settings has unsupported characters for the choosen language. Do you want to continue?”,I choose "yes", It will continue to generate,

1.After finishing generating, I open this chm document, the search function is OK in Window7 Chinese/English Operation system(32bit/64bit);

2.Then I send it(chm) to some Japanese  who use window vista/7 Japanese Operation system, the search function is not work

project setting.pngmicrosoft html help setting.pngpopup dialog window during generating.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this link helps: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/256382. The problem is likely to be your Unicode fonts character settings. Are you using a Unicode font (e.g. Arial Unicode)? If not, your Japanese clients are likely to experience issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use verdana font, is it not a unicode font ?  Then which font(except Arial)  are also belong to unicode font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe Verdana works with Unicode. You are better off using something like Arial Unicode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your kindly help.

But I send this project folder to another colleague, she help me to generate a Microsoft HTML Help(chm)  whose search function works well in JP OS system. She did not change any configuration.

So I do not think it is unicode font problem.Because I change the font to Arial Unicode MS to re-generate .chm again. But the search function is still not work in JP OS system.

I really want to know the real reason,can you help me about this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp