Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no permission to copy

Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to copy my borrowed ebook from adobe digital editions to my kobo ereader it says "no permission to copy book".  Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make sure the kobo is registered with the same Adobe ID that the main ADE (digital editions) is registered with.

If the main ADE is not registered with an explicit Adobe ID yet, return the book, register ADE with your ID, and borrow the book again.

To register ADE (if not already registered), menu/Help/Authorize Computer on ADE2, (Library/Authorize Comptuer on the older more reliable v1.7.2).

To register a dedicated ereader kobo once ADE is registered, connect kobo by usb and in ADE use menu/Help/Authorize Device on ADE2, (Library/Authorize Device on v1.7.2).

If the kobo is a tablet device you may need to follow kobo instructions to register the Adobe ID using the app on the device rather than via ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have version1.7.2.  I have v2.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sjpt, i am having same issue.  i do have ADE on 2 computers .  I deleted it from one but now i have an error message on  computer authorization... you can only authorize this computer with an adobe id that hasnt been previously used on another computer....  How do i un authorize on hte other????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went back to 3.0, as suggested in another thread, and still get the same error message when trying to transfer to my Nook Color. Since this has been an ongoing problem since 2014, I'm assuming you are on your own to find the answer, as Adobe will not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines