• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Development/Staging EULA

Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have hunted around on the net for a clear cut answer to this, but unable to find precise answer.

Currently we run 3 coldfusion Servers:

IIS/Coldfusion 8 - primary production server (very outdated)

IIS/Coldfusion  9 - secondary production server (will eventually replace primary)

IIS/Coldfusion 8 - development server.

Probably not best practice, but our dev server is web accessible so that we can let clients in to test and preview their websites.

I am in the process of setting up a new development server and had hoped to upgrade our secondary prod server to cf10 and take advantage of the development licence use that comes with that. However from my understanding of the EULA it sounds as though we would be breaching it if we left the dev server web accessible outside our own network. I have seen several other websites that seem to contradict this however so i am really unclear what we can do. Have tried calling/writing adobe but that hasnt been a whole lot of help.

Do we need two copies of cf10 for our environment (ignoring the old cf8 server). So 1 copy for dev and 1 for live, or can we buy a single licence and use it for both production and dev, and continue to allow multiple ips/users to access dev simultaneously purely for development/testing and preview purposes?

- Callem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Callem,

Welcome to Adobe ColdFusion Forum!

Regarding your final question. ColdFusion is a 2 CPU license (1 Quad CPU means 4 cores), which means it would work for 8 core CPU. So, in other words if you have to machine of 4 core each, you can set up one as Dev Server and other as Production Server.

You said:-

I am in the process of setting up a new development server and had hoped to upgrade our secondary prod server to cf10 and take advantage of the development licence use that comes with that. However from my understanding of the EULA it sounds as though we would be breaching it if we left the dev server web accessible outside our own network.

I am confused regarding the above point, can you please elaborate or share the source where you read about it?

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anjaneai,

I wasn't aware of your first point, i assumed a single licence (regardless of how many cpu's it covers) would be for a single server only. Just that if your single server has more than 8 cores, you require more licences.

So at the moment our production server has 4 cores and i am looking at setting up a VM on our virtual host which is using less than 4 cores thanks to hardware petitioning via hyper-v. So from what you have said, i can use a single licence to cover both of these servers and have them internet accessible ?

You can disregard my second point, as i found an up to date version of the EULA that very clearly defines internal network and answered my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please note - our production server is a separate physical machine, the development server would be running as a VM on our virtual host machine. So 2 separate physical machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation