• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Internet Explorer for Windows 7. When I install the version of Adobe Flash, even after setting Active Scripting to enable and enabling Add-ons, I cannot get it to work. I uninstalled and re-installed, still with no avail.

I notice though, that when I install Flash, it appears to install OK, but I never get the screen that asks me to Accept the licencing terms.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly means "cannot get it to work"; what do you see if you try to view any Flash content?

Try running the offline installer http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_ax.exe - do you get the license agreement panel with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat.

It has a little ‘no entry’ sign at the top left of what would be the Flash window and the video does not play at all.

Renelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Internet Explorer for Windows 7.

That would be IE11.

This is a known problem with Internet Explorer 11, which Microsoft has been aware of since October 18 when they released their latest "untested" browser. The pages can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player. So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.
Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.
I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser... at least until Microsoft gets their act together and fixes their broken browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mike; that is very good to know about. I’ll user another browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines