• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Topics in DOC output but not Web

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2007 Apr 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've inadvertently posted this to another msg. of mine, So apologies for that.
Anyway - here's the problem:
This is odd -
I've created a conditional build-tag called FINANCE, and one called EVERYTHING ELSE. So I've assigned FINANCE to just that Dept (ie the ''Top folder/Book) , and all others get the EVERYTHING ELSE tag in the same way.
Thus we have, to use the above example:

FINANCE (Finance tag applied)
BOOK1
Subject 1
BOOK2
Subject 2

FOOD&BEVERAGE ('everythingelse' flag applied)
BOOK3
Subject 3
BOOK4
Subject 4

Now when I compile it using the criteria, it does work perfectly - with one exception. The resulting build gives me the Finance Dept, but also one of the other depts - it's always the same one....'Food and Beverage' which of course falls under the 'EVERYTHING ELSE' tag.
I cleared all the Conditional Build tags before doing the above, and saved the project before going any further.
This only happens for the web based version, generating *.DOC, *.PDF using the same tags does not exhibit this problem...
Now I'm confused......
Any ideas folks??
Thanks
Al

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thought: Check your conditional build expression for WebHelp output. It might not be defined as "FINANCE."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chet,
Nope, I'd already tried that - but I gave it another run through just in case.
You see, one of the other odd things is that when it includes this other dept or indeed departments - which it's also prone to do. The resultant build does give the full version of the required dept, but not the entire contents of the ones which also appear in conjunction with it.
Also - it's not consistent, so for example. the compiled build Dept A, contains parts of B & D, but compiled Dept E might contain parts of A & D etc.....
As I said - I've tried stripping ALL the build flags and starting from scratch to no avail............also I ensure that which ever version of Web interface, ie, Internet Explorer v6, V7, and FireFox does clear all its cache when it closes, thus starting afresh each time.
There just doesn't seem to be any logic in this at all.
Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you generate FINANCE, what appears in the Conditional Build Expression field in the first WebHelp window?

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2007 Apr 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Leon:
Removed all existing BUILD TAGS for each Folder/Book With Build Tag called "EVERYTHING'.
So now all the Departments are covered my the same Tag. Checked also that all items shown

in the Topics pane all are tagged the same.
Saved Project

Now for the FINANCE Folder/Book, I assigned a new Tag called FINANCE, and removed the

"EVERYTHING' Tag.
Saved Project.

I'm doing everything OK so far?

So let's move onto the build.

Using a copy of the WebHelp SSL, I create a Output Folder and Start Page:

C:\MIBWEB\FINANCE\finance.htm

I am right in saying you can name/Create a Start Page however/whatever you like?

The Conditional Build Expression.
I use the 'Basic' method, so all other departments are excluded from the output except for

Finance.

The 'Advanced' windows shows:

"NOT Administration AND NOT Class_II AND NOT Everything AND NOT Facilities AND NOT

Food_and_Beverage AND NOT HR_Dept AND NOT Inventory AND NOT IT_Dept AND NOT Marketing AND

NOT MIB_Dept_pol AND NOT MIB_Org_Chart AND NOT MIB_Policies AND NOT

MIB_Senior_Administration AND NOT Muck_Hist AND NOT NOTHING AND NOT Softcount AND NOT

TelePhone_List"

Note that Inventory has the 'AND NOT' expression - this is the Dept with which Finance is

interfereing with, and vice-versa.

The Default Topis is set as:

Muckleshoot_Information\Renamed_Finance_Department\finance_Head.htm.

The following Window has all the default selections set.

Now SAVE + Generate - and everything comes out perfectly.

Same exercise with Inventory.

So this time your Tag Reads:

NOT Administration AND NOT Class_II AND NOT Everything AND NOT Facilities AND NOT Finance AND NOT Food_and_Beverage AND NOT HR_Dept AND NOT IT_Dept AND NOT Marketing AND NOT MIB_Dept_pol AND NOT MIB_Org_Chart AND NOT MIB_Policies AND NOT MIB_Senior_Administration

I have a DOC file which shows the results on screen dumps. However the rogue Topics shown in the Finance section actually belong to the Inventory section (wierd eh?), But there's not any links I can spot....

Hope the above makes sense.
Thanks for your assistance in this!
Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2007 Apr 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Now -here's another oddity.........
If I assign a new Build Tag to the two offending Topics - Which are the Open&Close, and Job Description for the Receiving Clerk. - so let's say I assign them to a new build Tag, which is assigned to another Dept - for example Operations. Which once again isn't included in the build.............
Now generate...
This time the ENTIRE Inventory section dissapears.....Explain that one.....
Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp