Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect CF10 to MS SQL 2005?

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I connect CF10 to MS SQL 2005?

No matter what I try I get errors.  The application is on a different box the SQL.

I tried creating a user and a password and I get this error:

Connection verification failed for data source: xxxxxxxxx

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'xxxxxxxxxxx'. Reason: The password of the account must be changed.

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'xxxxxxxxxx'. Reason: The password of the account must be changed.

I tried changing the password, but that didn't work either.

I'm not a programmer, so please be gentle with your answers.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF10 to SQL 2005 works for me. That is an odd error you get. If I change CF10 datasource to "wrong" user or password I get different error:

Connection verification failed for data source: "DSN"
java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'wrong'.The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'wrong'.

Perhaps details in coldfusion-out.log from ColdFusion10\cfusion\logs will have some details that will lead to a solution?

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Carl, I can give your error info to our IT people, maybe it will help.  I suspect it is an error in the two servers connecting to each other.

When I looked at the log, I get different errors depending on if I put in a valid user or a valid password.

Here is a different variation

Jan 6, 2014 12:51:49 PM Error [ajp-bio-8012-exec-3] - [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'xxxx_user'.  Reason: The password of the account must be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, now I feel silly.  Even though the force user to change password was not selected, it was still forcing me to change the password.  I did and it looks like it can connect now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation