• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add a pre-existing flash, interactive quiz to presenter 9.0

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

currently, we are reviewing Presenter 9.0 as it appears to be the only option to move existing flash CBTS into SCORM for loading into our LMS. The content is not the issue.  The "quizzes", for each lesson, are pre-created flash interactive videos(files, whatever...).

I want to incorporate the quiz into the existing Presenter 9.0 imported SWF content before I package everything in Scorm 1.2   I am hoping that I do not have to hop into yet 1,2,3 or more other applications to solve what would be a  very easy problem, albeit flash being involved.

Steps....

1) Start Powerpoint.. Import SWF content (existing, interactive) using Presenter plugins..

2) add a SWF quiz that relates to Step 1 content

3) pre-set for SCORM 1.2

4) Package SCORM Content..

Exist Presenter use...

Thank you for any assistance..

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

You might want to look at Presenter's quiz tools and see if they can meet your needs. Probably not as flashy, but it could work.

The other application that may be worth testing is Captivate. It may handle the reporting from your SWF files better... but I'd have to test it for sure. You should see the same quiz functionality in Captivate as in Presenter as well, should you find a preference in that tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My biggest concern here would be the effectiveness of the Flash Quiz content you are embedding in the presentation. Presenter has its own reporting that will take precedence over an embedded SWF file. For example, if you created a Captivate project with reporting, and then embedded it into a Presenter presentation, the only report you would see would be that the viewer(s) viewed the slide with the Captivate SWF in it. None of the Captivate reporting would be recorded.

For this reason, I suspect that Presenter won't report your quiz content as expected, but hey, you can get a 30-day free trial of Presenter 9, so it is easy to test and validate. Presenter could prove me wrong (it has happened before)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma,

Thank you. You are right on track.  I have a trial and will give it a shot.   Somehow, I did not think this process would be this difficult.  This experience certainly tells me what format to avoid from an enterprise/corporate level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to look at Presenter's quiz tools and see if they can meet your needs. Probably not as flashy, but it could work.

The other application that may be worth testing is Captivate. It may handle the reporting from your SWF files better... but I'd have to test it for sure. You should see the same quiz functionality in Captivate as in Presenter as well, should you find a preference in that tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources