Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Three New Nooks Will Not Authorize

Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased three nook hd devices.  I am attempting to put library books on them via ADE, my only option for this procedure.  I have tried deleting the folder containing ade files and reconnecting, plugging in, etc.  The Adobe Digital Editions program never notices these three devices.  I do have an older Nook Color which is had no issue recognizing.  I have google'd this issue until I was ready to strangle someone. I really need some help here. Otherwise I have three devices whose primary purpose cannot be achieved.  I am running Windows 7.  Thanks.

It is my understanding that ADE will recognize up to six devices, it seems that only the new nooks are having this issue, so maybe there's a software compatibility problem.

Ruth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tablets usually don't show up in ADE (unlike dedicated ereader devices).

You authorize the tablet via whichever Adobe DRM compatible ereader app you are running on the tablet.

I suggest Bluefire, also consider Aldiko or Overdrive, or the tablet may have one pre-installed.

If you need to you can copy books to the tablet from Windows using Windows Explorer, the tablet should show up as a mounted drive.

Or you can copy them using something like Dropbox.

You should then be able to read them on the tablet.

As a tablet is more powerful than a dedicated ereader, you can probably buy/borrow books directly on the tablet and avoid ADE completely if you prefer.

You can indeed have up to 6 devices (including computers ruinning ADE) authorized with any Adobe account/ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot copy the files to the ereader without using ade because of the way the library works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I had no idea I needed an app to add books. I downloaded overdrive, it asked me to add my library, I did so. I logged in, authorized my nook, and got my book! Yay!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines