Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 7 multi-slide video not working on Android

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe staff,

still needing help with this one from my previous question "Captivate 7 event video playback controls not working."

The question has now narrowed down to:

How can I make a multi-slide mp4 video in HTML5 format work on Androids? It works fine on iPad and computer, but Androids will not playback the video, only the audio.

Thanks,

Nat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Hi Adobe wizzards,

it seemed Captivate 7 just needed another update. I guess when a problem arises that should always be the first step in trying to fix it. I just thought we'd updated it already. But after I did, it worked on all the Androids we tested. Sorry about the confusion and thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, no help yet, please help? I don't get another option other than this forum. Adobe won't let me ask product questions in a chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all Android versions or Android browsers support MP4.

I suggest you take a look at this page to see which versions do or don't.

http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html

If your Android version or browser doesn't support MP4, there's not a lot you can do other than upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nalexander,

As Rod suggested the video might not be supported on your Device + Android version. Just to check Create a sample HTML page with Video tag pointing to mp4 and let us know whether it works or not? Alternatively you can share the source video with me at sankaram at adobe dot com via dropbox and we can try at our end.

Thanks,

Sankaram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe wizzards,

it seemed Captivate 7 just needed another update. I guess when a problem arises that should always be the first step in trying to fix it. I just thought we'd updated it already. But after I did, it worked on all the Androids we tested. Sorry about the confusion and thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources