Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i have been getting pop ups all days to install flash player

Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been gett ing pop ups all day to install new wersion of flash player.  I DO NOT WANT ALL THE EXTRA [moderated] AND IT WON'T LET ME BYPASS.  RIGHT NOW I HAVE FREE SOFT.COM SITTING ON MY CUMPUTER AND IT WON'T LET ME CANCEL - I HAVE NOT DOWNLOADED IT.  I HAVE TO PULL THE POWER PLUG TO START MY COMPUTER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AS IT KEEPS POPPING ON MY SCREEN.  IT IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF.  I WILL INSTALL YOUR NEW FLASH PLAYER BUT QUIT SENDING ME ALL THE OTHER [moderated].  I DO NOT WANT IT/  HOW THE [moderated] DO I GET THIS FREESOFT.COM SETUP FROM POPPING UP ON MY COMPUTER????????????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freesoft.com HAS NOTHING TO DO With Adobe and vice versa. There IS NO download from this domain which includes anything from Freesoft. Never has been.

What you're being prompted to download is most likely malware DISGUISED as Flash Player.

Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller and installer directly by right clicking the following links and selecting "Save target as" (IE) or "Save Link as"(Firefox).

Flash Player Uninstaller

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save the files to your Downloads folder - DO NOT run anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything, go to the Downloads folder and run the UNINSTALLER to remove all instances of Flash Player.

Next, run the ActiveX installer, and then the (other browsers) Installer.

Lastly, see:Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer  and: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer  to make 100% sure that Flash Player is enabled and NOT being blocked by ActiveX controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've hit a pirate/malware site that is faking the Flash Player update to try and trick you into installing it.

The actual Flash Player updates have many opportunities to cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On top of that. Adobe doesn't partner with FreeSoft. That's the sign that it didn't come from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines