• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Flash Player what I am looking for?

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to find a player for .flv video files that have been downloaded onto a hard drive.  Flash player seems to run on the back of a web browser and, since Adobe Media player is not supported any more, is there some way I can get Flash player to run as a stand alone?  Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good, free stand alone player?

Thanks in advance. Ted

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

For dowloaded .flv videos (On Hard Drive), you may use any Video Player (Windows Media Player or a 3rd party Video Player as well)

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ted Winston wrote:

I would like to find a player for .flv video files that have been downloaded onto a hard drive. Flash player seems to run on the back of a web browser and, since Adobe Media player is not supported any more, is there some way I can get Flash player to run as a stand alone?  Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good, free stand alone player?

Thanks in advance. Ted

There IS a "standalone" Flash Player: Windows Flash Player 11.9 Projector    or   Macintosh Flash Player 11.9 Projector   It's NOT an installer, it's the whole app. you can copy it to your Program Files(x86) or Applications folder, BUT...

I use VLC Media Player for playing FLV's. It has a much better user interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

The standalone Flash Player (Projector) does not play .flv files, only .swf.

The VLC player is indeed the best and most popular player for many video formats.

P@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Pat, Mike and Vikram. 

I downloaded VLC player this morning and it works a treat!

Thank you very much for your help.

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines