• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Problems Importing PowerPoints in Captivate 6, run on Windows 7

Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey techies...

I am very new to Captivate, and Windows based programs in general.

I am trying to import PowerPoint files into Captivate, with little success. The files are about 100 slides long and have basic animations included. I am able to import them, but all animations are lost and the slides are horribly distorted. The powerpoints were made by a co-worker on a different computer, possibly running a lower grade of windows and powerpoint programs.

When I import the files, the link option is available, but High Fidelity does not show as an option.

Any suggestions on how to fix this and how to get High Fidelity accessible, as I believe it should be availabe on Captivate 6 for Windows.

Thanks

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately it's not all that uncommon for PPT import to suffer a bit. Think about it. Captivate is attempting to interpret content in a foreign application and convert it to what Captivate understands. And sometimes that doesn't happen all that cleanly.

Not sure about the high fidelity option. Although I probably should, I don't maintain a grid listing every conceivable feature and in what version it appeared or began working correctly. It's possible that the option didn't really appear until version 7. And I'm aware that the option is not available if the file was saved as a .PPT. I believe the file must be saved as a .PPTX in order to see that option.

One of the things you might wish to try is to launch Captivate, then launch PPT and have PPT play the presentation. Then record it using Captivate. Taking that approach should seamlessly capture all your animations and all should look exactly as you see it from PPT. You would likely do best with this by using the Video Demo type of recording in Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Which version of 6? I have High Fidelity option, but I'm on 6.1.

Lillybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The High Fidelity option is available on 6.0.1.240 version as well.

Are you publishing it as HTML5 or SWF? The animations are not supported in HTML5 output.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources