• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions is not recognizing my iPod 5th gen, any ideas?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions is not recognizing my iPod 5th gen, any ideas?  I want to transfer my ebook from there to my IPOD but there is no bookshelf created for it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 does not generally recognize tablets, only dedicated ereaders.

For a tablet, install compatible Adobe DRM ereader app.  I suggest Bluefire; also consider Akdiko or Overdrive but some people have issues registering them. Some tablets come with such an app preinstalled.  Authorize the tablet from within the app to use your Adobe ID (details vary from app to app, usually somewhere within Settings) 

Bluefire on the iPad it is under the Information icon at top right.

The tablet may well be able to download books without use of ADE at all.  If you do want to transfer books from ADE/computer, use a file manager (Windows Explorer, Mac Finder) to copy to the tablet as mounted drive, or use a utility such as Dropbox.

Apple unhelpfully don't show the iPad storage as a mounted drive, so you must use Dropbox, iTunes or similar to transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the prompt reply.  I am still a little confused. I have bluefire and DL reader AP's installed and authorized on my iPod but they are not recognized by Adobe Digital Editions.

I have tried dragging my ePUB files from my computer (using EXPLORER taken from within Adobe Digital Editions) to the internal storage of my iPOD but I can't find those files from my iPOD once transfered.

I don't know how to use DROPBOX.  Can you tell me how to use iTUNES to transfer a book or other document so that an AP on my iPOD (or IPAD) can access it.  I can't find this feature.

Even if I used Dropbox, how do I get the files from within DROPBOX into the Reader AP?

Am I missing something or is ADOBE digital just not willing to work with iPOD/iPAD's?

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I think I got it.  I couldn't see the sidebar of my iTunes so I was missing the functions needed to use it to transfer files to Bluefire or DL reader.  Clicking on my Device on the sidebar and then on APS at the top I could access the "file sharing" area at the bottom and ADD from my Digital Editions folder from my computers hard drive.  Yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines