• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

De-authorizing previous ID email address

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new tablet and needed to authrise it for downloading my (previously purchased) ebooks. The adobe site informed me that my password needs to be reset due to security reasons and that a mail would be sent to my registered e-mail address to guide me further. This is  problematic as I no longer have acess to this email address. I then created a new ID (removed) but only realised afterwards that it would not allow me acess to books bought under my previous ID. How do I de-authorise the old address without access to the e-mail address? Please note I use a tablet and not an e-reader hence no ADE. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but all of these require me to be able to sign in in the first

place. I know the e- mail address and password but the system insists that

I change my password (security reasons) before I can sign in and the e-mail

with the link to do so is sent to the e-mail address that I no longer have

access to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then click the "still need help" etc link and follow the links to contact adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, twice had an online chat and they referred me to the forum!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe can be extremely unhelpful, especially if they think they are dealing with Digital Editions as they see it as a 'free' product.

In your case, the problem is about more than Digital Editions as the AdobeID is used for all Adobe interactions.

The live chat must be stupid as well as unhelpful if they think anyone on the forum can help with this kind of problem

If we could, their security would be even worse than it is ~~

and if it hadn't been bad they wouldn't have had their security breach a couple of months ago; which is why they need you to change the password.

So, some more helpful suggestions rather than rant ...

1. Try the Adobe ticket system and see if they are more helpful.  BUT the website is so bad I can find where to submit a ticket.
  2. Try calling on the telephone, but I can't find the support telephone number either (and they'll probably never answer)
    http://www.adobe.com/uk/elicensing/licensemanagement/alm/contact.html might help, but it will probebly be the wrong sort of help.
  3. Try calling the Creative Cloud sales team and pretend you want to buy
    You'll have to look up their number for your country, but (suprise suprise) it seems easier to get sales numbers then help numbers.
    If they need an Adobe ID before you can buy, you may be able to trick them into helping sort out your ID
  4. Try going into the Live Chat, but choose some other product, and when you get to them tell them about the password/lost ID issue.
  5. Submit a Security Incident https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=securityform
    (This is a security incident as Adobe's security or lack of it has caused you to lose access to your account)
  6. Page http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?form=adobeid&loc=en_us&nl=1&nf=1 may help.
    It may just lead back to their sending an email to the address you can't use any more, though.
  7. There are various options on page http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/account-password-sign-faq.html#chat that could help.
    It looks as if the 'Contact Us' might get you an agent via a different route who may be less unhelpful/cluless.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines