• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right-Hand panel flickers for context-sensitive help

Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have applied the IE 10 fixes for displaying help, yet one topic displays the TOC and header, but the right hand panel is blank and flickers until I select a different topic (but the flicker returns when I select the original context sensitive topic in the TOC), or I select a program from the IE toolbar (for example: "About Internet Explorer" and then it is fine until I exit the browser and try again.

Here's the kicker. I am using IE9 and do not plan to upgrade to IE10 for precisely the reason RH 10 needs a patch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

I took the templates in FixForRH10Install and copied them to where they had to go, recompiled and there is no more flicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that’s just great for you – but your help users may have something else in mind (if they have any browser choice at all) ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think maybe the issue is that the problem appeared in IE9 after applying the IE10 patch, and maybe a significant number of users will still be on IE9 .

Given the symptoms,  maybe there's some rogue code in the problematic topic. Comparing the code of the good topic and the problem topic might reveal the issue.

For example, I once had a couple of topics that were missing the border between the topic content and the tri-pane bar (in chm output). Somehow the bad topics had topic level code that removed the border. No idea how.

HTH,

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amebr,

Sorry for the delay in replying - changed priorities interfered.

Thank you for the reply. Did you compare the good and bad "topic's" code or project files' code?  What precisely did you compare?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my particular situation I looked in the source code for a good and a bad  topic, and specifically the first dozen or so lines that deal  with setting up the html page (so, about to the bottom of the HEAD section-ish). I can't remember exactly what the problem was now, as it was quite a long time ago - possible a strange in-line or page-level stylesheet setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I appreciate your patience.

Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 22:11:01 -0800

To: steelcasemark@hotmail.com

Subject: Right-Hand panel flickers for context-sensitive help

Re: Right-Hand panel flickers for context-sensitive help

created by Amebr in WebHelp - View the full discussion

For my particular situation I looked in the source code for a good and a bad topic, and specifically the first dozen or so lines that deal with setting up the html page (so, about to the bottom of the HEAD section-ish). I can't remember exactly what the problem was now, as it was quite a long time ago - possible a strange in-line or page-level stylesheet setting.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5991484#5991484

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in WebHelp at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I took the templates in FixForRH10Install and copied them to where they had to go, recompiled and there is no more flicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp