Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Recording and Buttons / Click Boxes

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2007 Apr 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!

I am just learning how to include audio in my Captivate files. Here's my scenario. I'd like the user to be able to read the information on a screen, then, click a button or a click box to play the audio. I can record just fine, but, when I play back my slide, the audio starts playing right away. I know I could move it using the Timeline but it would be easier for the user to click when they are ready to hear the audio portion of the screen. Is there a way to do this?

Any help / information would be most appreciated.

Helen
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 28, 2007 Apr 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Helen,
You said...
quote:

I know I could move it using the Timeline but it would be easier for the user to click when they are ready to hear the audio portion of the screen. Is there a way to do this?
The best solution would probably be the one you've said you don't want to use - if I understand you - that is, to pause each slide after the caption is displayed (with Fade-In set, that would be after one-half second) and push back the audio on the timeline until after that. You would need a click-box or button set to "Continue" when clicked (to continue on the timeline to hear the audio) and another set to "Jumpto" the next slide for those who don't want to hear the audio.

But wouldn't it be easier on everyone if you just set the audio to play normally and allow the user to click the "mute" if they don't want to hear it? I am probably missing the point of having (silent) audio ... (??) The combination (permutation) of audio and text can be used a variety of ways, so there is certainly nothing wrong with your idea but I'm just looking for an easy way, I guess. Have you given any thought to going the other way, with audio constantly available and text available as closed captioning?? Just throwing out gremlins now for what they might be worth . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources