Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature requests and feedback?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Is there any place for BC users to put their feedback and feature requests?  I have a lot of good stuff I'd like to share.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

The request list is longer then.... Well its long

List what your thinking here but I can pretty much assure you that BC has already been asked about it many time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a ticket. I normally open a ticker for feature request though I have posted my feature request here on the forums as well.

You may not see your request right away but overall I believe BC does listen to partners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I have a lot of requests and pain points, so the list might get even longer now.  I'll also submit this as a ticket. 

These are my top feature requests for BC (in order of importance):

Shipping calculation - HUGE problem for me

• At a certain weight, all of my shipping vendors shows an API error that the weight exceeds their limit.  There needs to be a max weight option that when exceeded will split shipments into different packages.
  • Option to define origin zip code by supplier or product.  I have multiple suppliers that ship products to my customers.

Affilate program - another HUGE problem

• Affiliate referral cookie expiration is 1 year, is not adjustable, and does not reset if somebody makes an order.  The cookie should have an adjustable lifetime and clear if an order is made.
  • The affiliate commission includes tax.

Tax calculation

• Needs to be able to calculate by zip code.  I need to collect different rates based on local municipalities in my state.  There isn't one rate for the entire state.

Attributes

• Needs to have the ability to add attributes that are only added 1 time when someone adds products to a cart.  For instance, if someone orders 200 custom pens, a setup fee should be added once and not 200 times.
  • Ability to define sizes.  If someone orders 15 tshirts, they should be able to define how many are small, medium, large, etc.
  • More than 3 pricing levels for volume.  Most of my competitors have 5+

Easy Google Analytics Integration

• Should be able to pass cookie to worldsecuresites seamlessly
  • should be able to collect more info on order confirmation page: skus and product names, tax, shipping amount

Google Merchant Center Integration

• I would definitely pay extra for this.

Abandoned cart recovery emails

• I pay $30/month for a service that does this.  Having a feature like this could mean extra revenue for BC.

There are probably more, but these are the first that come to mind.  Hopefully this gets to the product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shipping calculation - HUGE problem for me

• At a certain weight, all of my shipping vendors shows an API error that the weight exceeds their limit.  There needs to be a max weight option that when exceeded will split shipments into different packages.
  • Option to define origin zip code by supplier or product.  I have multiple suppliers that ship products to my customers.

There are are a number of bugs as well, and your request is something that has been covered along with in stock split shipping as well. BC are aware of these.

Affilate program - another HUGE problem

• Affiliate referral cookie expiration is 1 year, is not adjustable, and does not reset if somebody makes an order.  The cookie should have an adjustable lifetime and clear if an order is made.
  • The affiliate commission includes tax.

Add this in a ticket, I think this has been requested before but I am not sure.

Tax calculation

• Needs to be able to calculate by zip code.  I need to collect different rates based on local municipalities in my state.  There isn't one rate for the entire state.

Make a ticket for this one, but I believe this has been mentioned several times. On the same end with this and shipping - Countries without States have issues as well.

Attributes

• Needs to have the ability to add attributes that are only added 1 time when someone adds products to a cart.  For instance, if someone orders 200 custom pens, a setup fee should be added once and not 200 times.

You can code this yourself already. NOt out of the box but this is possible and not that complicated.

• Ability to define sizes.  If someone orders 15 tshirts, they should be able to define how many are small, medium, large, etc.

This is part of the system already.

• More than 3 pricing levels for volume.  Most of my competitors have 5+

Long standing feature request made lots of times.

Easy Google Analytics Integration

• Should be able to pass cookie to worldsecuresites seamlessly

Solution guides for this are on the forums, Google Analtyics supports cross domain.

• should be able to collect more info on order confirmation page: skus and product names, tax, shipping amount

This has been noted, there are work around sollutions out there if you need this now.

Google Merchant Center Integration

• I would definitely pay extra for this.

Make a good ticket on this, describe to them, show examples etc.

Abandoned cart recovery emails

• I pay $30/month for a service that does this.  Having a feature like this could mean extra revenue for BC.

I keep seeing this, people asking to send emails to people if they abonden cart, saying they see it on other sites but then also say not logged in. How on earth do you know a persons email to do this?

There are probably more, but these are the first that come to mind.  Hopefully this gets to the product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Liam.  Do you usually send one ticket per feature request?  Also sent you a PM to follow up on the workarounds mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably just compile it into one as "Ecommerce improvements" or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Liam,

Regarding having SKUs and the subtotal on the order confirmation page, you mentioned there was a workaround.  Do you know where I could find documentation on this?

Regarding the attributes, I was wondering if you could elaborate.  I did figure out how to add a setup fee (which is really another product that gets added to the cart automatically).  It works but the solution is far from ideal, since someone is able to remove the setup fee while the product itself remains in the cart.

How would a customer be able to add an item to a cart once and at the same time define how many of each size he wants?

I came up with some cool workarounds myself and I'd be happy to share them with you if you are interested.  I've configured my site to send cart abandonment emails, as well as created a workaround that allows you to sort products in a category by price or other attributes.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines