• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud & authenticating proxies?

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our work environment uses authenticating proxies for Internet connectivity - how do I configure Creatvive Cloud applications to work with that? For example, the Adobe Application Manager doesn't recognize the proxy (nor ask for its password) and hence fails to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

I appreciate the frustration you must be experiencing here, and that these workarounds are not ideal for a corporate environment. I am working with our engineering teams to address these issues, and this information should be useful in finding a solution.

The list above is unfortunately incomplete; please ensure that the following domains are whitelisted:

*.adobe.com

*.adobelogin.com

*.adobeoobe.com

If you are still experiencing problems, please run our Log Collector tool; for example, the file "PDAp

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following logs and we will analyze it. Adobe Application Manager is designed to work with authentication proxies.

windows: %temp%/AdobeDownload/DLMNative.log

Mac: ~/Library/Logs/AdobeDownload/DLMNative.log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue.  The Application Manager works properly with the Proxy settings (http proxy, no authentication).  However, the application license manager does not work.  So, while I can install apps, I cannot verify my subscription renewal, until I'm outside a proxy.

Thus, this log doesn't help resolve the problem for me.  Any other logs I can send?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this?  I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Licence Manager istn working behin corporate proxy. Any workaround available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having success with Application Manager with our Nortel VPN. I get the pop-up screen "One more thing..." to enter my Username and Password for the proxy. I do so, but the message keeps popping up and does not let me in. I have to turn off my VPN and proxy to update my applications.

I'm one of the first users in our company to use Creative Cloud, so this will be a huge issue or show-stopper for moving forward.

Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please apply Exceptions to (Port No 443 and 80) (and the rest URL’s) also Adobe Application Manager in Network Firewall and Proxies.

https://na1mbls.licenses.adobe.com

https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com

https://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com

https://na1r.services.adobe.com

http://activate.adobe.com

https://activate.adobe.com

http://adobe.activate.com

https://adobe.activate.com

1. ccmdls.adobe.com:443

ims-na1.adobelogin.com:443

na1r.services.adobe.com:443

prod-rel-ffc-ccm.oobesaas.adobe.com:443

1. lm.licenses.adobe.com:443

www-du1.adobe.com

It should allow you to activate the Subscription.

Also All Participant in this Forum who are facing the issue with Activation please try this step and let us know if it fixes the issue or not.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My problem is very similar. I get asked for a proxy login and password. After both are completed the application magaer just hangs and does nothing until I "Force Quit" it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document that David_B included says, "If your computer is behind an authorization proxy server, disable it. For instructions, consult your network administrator or your proxy server documentation."

This is a major problem with a large global company like ours, +7000 employees, +200 Adobe licenses.

We can't just simply turn OFF/ON proxy server authentication whenever we need to use the Application Manager or periodically re-authorize our CC licenses. Our corporate security won't allow it.

As I reported earlier, the Application Manager prompts for proxy username/password, but doesn't accept it. Just keeps asking again, again & again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are in the same position as tschrader. We cannot simply turn off hte corporate proxy system. I have followed all the instructions above without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering whether anyone has found a way to get it to work through an authenticated proxy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We had this issue on our network

Our Network Admin turned off SSL Scanning of these entries in our proxy (zscaler):

*.adobe.com

*.adobelogin.com

Am now able to run Creative Cloud, download and install Apps, and run without issues.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on multiple locations.

No news on solutions?

Best

g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

We had this issue on our network

Our Network Admin turned off SSL Scanning of these entries in our proxy (zscaler):

*.adobe.com

*.adobelogin.com

Am now able to run Creative Cloud, download and install Apps, and run without issues.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous!

The same Dissatisfaction. I can't believe this is still an unsolved issue!

I'll be forced to cancel TO.

We can´t talk with support, didn´t find answers here and at Brazil Adobe is a ghost.

Bye to Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also are in the same boat with almost 10,000 employees and standard security restrictions on our network.  Please design a way to direct the licensing communication to a proxy and be able to provide authentication credentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same position as many of the others in this post.  Just to let you all know, I called the Adobe technial support on JULY 1 to attempt to resolve this, and have been on the phone with them on an (almost daily) basis.  I've been told that the issue has been elevated/escalated/ high prioritized and that they will call me back numerous times (which they have not in many cases). 

Come on Adobe - it's been THREE WEEKS!!!

This leads me to wonder if they have a problem on their hands that they can't handle?  Please prove me wrong, as I am losing a lot of productivity waiting for a solution from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company has 5000+ employees, and we have about 40 licenses of CS6 Design & Web Premium. Disabling the proxy is not only against our corporate security, but impossible unless you take your machine home and connect outside the firewall. Even though we upgrade every new release (since CS began, and before), we are forced to remain on CS6. That's unfortunate for everyone if this isn't fixed. Besides the CC Update Manager, we aren't able to use their other new tools like Edge Inspect because of proxy support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same situation: cannot even install any Creative Cloud due to the proxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone had any luck with this?

I'm getting the same issue when trying to run the CC app behind our work firewall, in that it asks me for a Proxy Password, however won't connect when I enter my work U&P.

Adobe CC proxy issue 2.jpg

Trying to find a solution, but by the sounds of things within this forum, it seems like the only solution is to give direct, non-firewall access to this PC, which is a considerable security risk for major corporations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found a solution to this problem that worked (for me).

our IT department added *.adobe.com to bypass the proxy authentication:

#Bypass for .adobe.com

acl adobedl dstdomain .adobe.com

#TAG: Bypass NTLM & Trip

http_access allow adobedl

always_direct allow adobedl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here - can't log into CC, it can't properly log to proxy 😕

HUGE ISSUE! Come on, Adobe! My corpo-IT won't change their "super-rules" for one Photoshop user...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe creative cloud product online help not working .. Any idea why its not working ?

Regards

Bibin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines