• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 with Mavericks Crash

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running CS6 on a Late 2012 27" i7 iMac. I read the initial statement from Adobe saying that everything should work fine with Mavericks, so I upgraded. Now, in Premiere it seems to open fine but as soon as a try to open any media in the media browser it freezes. When I navigate to the destination folder in the browser and the individual clips come up they get stuck on Proccessing.... then I get the beach ball, indefinitely. I tried this with clips both on my hard drive and on external harddrive. I also reinstalled Premiere. I can get it to open a clip if I just put one short one in a folder, but much more than that and it locks up. I never have had any issues whatsoever, until Mavericks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm getting the same problem. The program opens up fine but when I open up any media in the 'Media Browser' I get the beach ball and it never goes away.  I've had no issues until I upgraded to Mavericks.  I really need an update quick because this project needs to be done today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation mine project has to be done tomorrow. I hope someone can help. I really don't want to wipe my had and reinstall mountain lion. Don't have the time but may have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI for Adobe: It only crashes when the folder has a lot of video files. Folders with not a lot of files work fine. This has never happened before the Mavericks update.

PS - I hope you're listening Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many other discussions of this... including one that MAY have a solution http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322977

>PS - I hope you're listening Adobe

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform to file a bug report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To continue with my projects I wiped my hd and recovered back to mountain lion and everything is working fine again. The problem for cs6 is not the same as cc. Wish someone from Adobe would help. Guess I'll just keep working with mountain lion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really suprised that Adobe hasn't come out with a fix yet. This makes me sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in the EncoreCS6 FAQ http://www.adobe.com/products/encore/faq.html but I think it also applies to PProCS6

What platforms are supported for Encore CS6? 

Encore CS6 is supported on Microsoft® Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1 (64 bit) and Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7. Please note that Encore CS6 support for future operating system updates or new hardware platforms will not be provided.

Do not expect Adobe to provide a "fix" to make CS6 work on Mavericks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I've been experiencing the same issue. Try updating your "Red Giant Link" software. I just did and everything works fine now. Hope this works for you guys too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just done this and its solved my Mavericks crash issue! Thank You!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't own any Red Giant Link software though? I'm having this problem on my MacBook and my iMac at work both Adobe CS6 and Mavericks. For some reason it freezes trying to open a DSLR video file (Canon 5D Mark II 1080p 24fps) from a folder full of them. I know I'm not crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't own any red giant either. Freezes on folder with more than a few video types of any kind... still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

argh same problem! media browser crash when viewing video files premiere cs6 on mavericks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help Adobe-Same problem here with Premiere CS 6 & Mavericks install. I go to Import clips through Media Browser or "Import", and everything locks up, all commands greyed out. I don't have any Red Giant software.

I just tried the "Change language to U.S. English" as Adobe suggested in another thread. It worked for 1 editing session, then stopped working again. Now back to all commands being greyed out. Premiere CS 6 not usable.

Message was edited by: sgadomski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

travissee wrote:

I am running CS6 on a Late 2012 27" i7 iMac. I read the initial statement from Adobe saying that everything should work fine with Mavericks, so I upgraded. Now, in Premiere it seems to open fine but as soon as a try to open any media in the media browser it freezes. 

Hi travissee,

What kind of media are you navigating to? Does this happen with all media, or just the file type you have in your current project?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I have more than 1 or 2 video files in a folder it freezes when I open the destination folder in the media browser.  It froze with the three types of video files I was working with. AVCHD and H.264 were the two different codecs from the three different cameras. I also tried in different projects and started a new project, and the same thing occurred. They were split among folders so each folder contained video from one type of camera. Also, I did not try any audio files. I'm unsure of their effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything useful come out of your investigation, Kevin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to talk to someone on Adobe.

He took remote control over my computer, opened up the ROOT user ability, then we logged in using that admin account. When we then went to Prelude, it worked fine with the videos crashing the system before.

His conclusion: something is wrong with my current user settings. System functions at root level. This means I should create a new user with fresh settings and then carry all my files and folders from the existing one to there, and delete the existing one.

I spoke to someone on Apple on how to do this and got some tips (it's by using migration of the user data from one to another, so that I could keep my older data). That did not work. Then I just created a fresh account with no settings transferred. That also failed.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe CS6 several times with different combinations with the above actions. That also didn't do it.

I can re-create the proper functioning under root level. So, clearly, the videos are fine, my system is not, and the way I am dealing with it is also not fine. I will keep digging. Perhaps I can find someone on Apple tomorrow to tell me what next I can try. I worry that I will have to format my computer and start all over again with all the apps and settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's super interesting. Thank you for taking the initiative!

My short term solution for now is that I'm importing my files into Bins in the Project tab and ditching the Media Browser completely. I'm super disappointed at Adobe for not getting this fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the crash upon opening a folder full of clips in Media Browser happen only when MB is in List view, or does it also occur in list view?

I ask because I learned just yesterday that crashes on Mavericks when accessing the OS Open or Save dialog from PPRO and other Adobe apps is caused by that OS dialog being in Cover Flow mode. Here's the best discussion I found of this: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop_cc_sav ing_opening_files_not_working...

Given that the Cover Flow mode bears some similarities to scrubbable thumbnails in the Media Browser's icon view, there could be a relationship.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I tested opening some files on PS using Cover Flow mode, I did not see any problems.

What is strange is that only some folders (those that are largest) crash the CS 6.
As I mentioned above, the same folders allowing me to scrubble in Root User mode, and again the fact that I can open these folders/files using other players makes me eliminate the possibility that the files are corrupt. So, I wonder if size of the folder is an issue here, though I cannot see how with my limited knowledge.

My crashes open even in List View. I can go to the individual files and click on them, but as soon as I try to open them, beachball starts turning and all goes downhill.

Today I reinstalled Mavericks after uninstalling Adobe. Then I updated Mavericks, re-installed Adobe. But it's still the same. Nothing is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me Premiere Pro CS6 generally runs fine on OS X Mavericks. Media Browser seems to work OK with any folder that contains only a handful of files. However, if I try to view media via Media Browser with a folder that contaisn many files then II get the dreaded spinning beach ball of death and I have to "force quit" to kill PP.

I tried with "hover scrub" disabled but the issue remains the same.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling CS6 but the issue remains the same.

I tried a clean install of OS X Mavericks (including hard drive reformat) and then installed CS6 but the issue remains the same.

Then I read about Nomadinca's experience with Root user. So, I enabled the Root user in OS X Mavericks (instructions at https://support.apple.com/kb/PH14281) and PP's Media Browser worked! I tried MB with several folders including one that contained several hundred .JPG and .MOV (H.264) files and it worked with them all. (I was unable to test with RAW files because I don't have any.)

So, at least on my system the broken Media Browser issue appears to be related to some difference between the Root user and my everyday Admin user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SoManyFish, have you tried removing all the JPGs out of the folder that causes the beach ball and retrying the process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nomadinca, at your suggestion I separated the files from the 1 folder into 2 separate folders: I copied ~620 JPGs to one folder and I copied ~70 .MOVs (MP4) to another folder. I tried MB on each of these new folders and to my surprise it worked on both! I immediatly tried MB with the original folder (690 files = 620 .JPG + 70 .MOV) and it worked! So I tried more folders (20-ish) and MB worked with them all. It appears that my issue with MB is resolved. And, while I'm pleased with this, I'm at a loss to explain why MB works now but did not work just a few days ago. I have not changed *anything* on my system for several weeks -- no new or updated hardware, software, firmware, etc. so why would MB suddenly start functioning properly? The only thing that has changed on my system is that I enabled Root user (for testing) and then disabled it again. It's puzzling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reluctant to reinstall Mavericks and try enabling root user. Reinstalling mountain lion to finish jobs was a nightmare. Is there any confirmation from adobe that this is a workaround? Thank you guys so much for keeping us updated and working on this. You have been far more helpful than adobe. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines