• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reorganized computer and lost my e-books???

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We reorganized our computer and now I have a new logon as a different user on the same desktop.  My problem is that none of my books show up on my digital editions in my new logon.  I authorized the computer (again?)  If I plug in my kobo now will all my books show up on digital editions?  Or, will they be removed from my kobo?  So far I haven't connected it because I am worried I may lose all the books.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will find all the books are there in the Documents/My Digital Editions folder for the original user.

Probably C:\Users\<oldusername>\Documents\My Digital Editions.

You should certainly be able to open them from that folder (assuming authorization correct).

I can't remember if copying them all to the equivalent folder under the new ID will make them all available automatically or not.

You do need to authorize the computer under each computer userid.

That can be handy if different computer users also have different Adobe IDs.

In your case you must use the same Adobe ID for both, it sounds as if you already have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines