• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital editions ebook Mac ipad2 help

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to download Adobe digital editions for Mac on my new ipad2 which is required for reading/downloading books from Cleveland public library. This is really why I purchased the device as my vision is diminishing and the stretching is a great feature but.....any tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 (ADE) does not run on tablets, it is for Mac or PC.

For a tablet, install compatible Adobe DRM ereader app.  I suggest Bluefire; also consider Akdiko or Overdrive but some people have issues registering them. Overdrive can be particularly easy for library books.  Some tablets come with such an app preinstalled.  Authorize the tablet from within the app to use your Adobe ID (details vary from app to app, usually somewhere within Settings)

For Bluefire on the iPad it is under the Information icon at top right.

The tablet may well be able to download books without use of ADE at all.  If you do want to transfer books from ADE/computer, use a file manager (Windows Explorer, Mac Finder) to copy to the tablet as mounted drive, or use a utility such as Dropbox.

Apple unhelpfully don't show the iPad storage as a mounted drive, so you must use Dropbox, iTunes or similar to transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both worked out great - thanks so much for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines