• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XDCAM HD422 1080i/50 (50 mbps)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find export codec  XDCAM HD422 1080i/50 (50 mbps) (trial version) it maybe present in the full registered version?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason to export to this format would be to go back to an XDCam deck for playback. This is not a normal workflow. In order to have the XD cam formats you must download the importer from Sony.

Personally, I think this is a very bad production pipeline decision. You should be rendering your work to a good DI digital intermediate format for archiving and further production and also render to a delivery format for delivery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have just recorded XDCAM 422 1080i 50 and I'm trying to find the best pobbible export settings - this is what I am using currently

I am having trouble with exporting this setting. Fast moving images are ghosty  in places. ie moving hands.

I am exporting it as H.246

HD 1080i 25

And I set to "Match Source"

and I use Render at Maximum Depth and use Maximum Render quality.

Am i using the correct settings?

ps I don't think any shutter was used on the day so could this be the reason?

Kind Regards

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export settings are depending on where you want your file to play or edit furtheron. This seems a beginner's question, and I'd suggest you go and try a tutorial, instead of asking in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick is correct.

That said, there are some options in Adobe Media Encoder (AME). If you have questions about using AME, ask on the AME forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/ame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately SKY needs this kind of file for their PlayOuts. I saw that the AE 6 For Mac can generate that file. I want to be sure that the AE CC for PC does the same file before buy it. I don't know if this limitation is due to trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know who SKY is but if that's their production workflow they are seriously limiting themselves.

As I said in my first post, you have to download the XD cam utility from Sony to have it available on your machine for endoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SKY are the satellite broadcaster for UK and Europe. They have almost taken over from the BBC in setting broadcast standards over here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I don't know if this limitation is due to trial version.

There are no limitations to the trial version.

See this for details of MPEG-2 formats and H.264 formats for export:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5426740#5426740

As I said, you should be using Adobe Media Encoder for export of MPEG-2 formats. Just search in the Preset Browser in Adobe Media Encoder, and you will see the XDCAM HD encoding presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found some in this post: MXF OP1a export with XDCAM HD 422 1080i50 codec http://forums.adobe.com/message/5816292

This is the codec but the container is MXF. I can ask to SKY folks if they can accept MXF Extension.

Mac users probabily install "ProApps QuickTime Codecs" http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1396 and the codec appears in the list of codecs available in the Output Module (I think) and the container can be .MOV.

I have found also a file converter that can transcode MXF container into a MOV container and vice versa. (FFmbc converter) https://code.google.com/p/ffmbc/

What do you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is limiting to them? I see a lot of opinions on forums about workflows and don't seem to understand what is wrong with XDCAM codecs. I export all of my files to .MOV XDCAM 1080i60 and they all work great. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, this is the wrong forum. But this definitely is a question. Since there wasn't a thread in AME-forum, here it is: XDCAM HD422 1080i/50

And: You don't know SKY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Do you know the CW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pirob  wrote

I cannot find export codec  XDCAM HD422 1080i/50 (50 mbps) (trial version) it maybe present in the full registered version?

The codec you've mentioned in one of your replies is the correct one.  "I have found some in this post: MXF OP1a export with XDCAM HD 422 1080i50 codec "

MXF should be completely fine for delivery because that is the actual container for XDCAM, I would suggest not to convert it to MOV with any other converter because you can never be sure how that converter really converts the file. Whether it will re-wrap the same information in different container or do a complete transcode of the file, and every additional transcoding of XDCAM will further diminish the quality of the video, like adding additional artifacts all over the frame...

What I have learned about channels asking for XDCAM is that they all run their editing systems on AVID machines, which are usually PCs. While all of the footage, both for editing and playout, is stored on a storage server and that storage uses some sort of a ingest system which transcodes any file that is to be added to the system in the system's codec, which in this case is XDCAM. This is why I think you shouldn't be worried about MXF.

But, if you are really required to deliver it as MOV, I would suggest to export the file from after effect as UNCOMPRESSED QUICKTIME RGB 8bit and then convert it with whatever converter that can make it as XDCAM in MOV container. In this way you will preserve as much as possible quality of your final video. Although the UNCOMPRESSED file will be quite big, once the conversion is over you can delete it...

Although, my personal opinion is that this codec is very week, but considering that the Sky is a international news channel, and that means they need to quickly turn around edits and also deal with huge amounts of rushes from around the world, this requirement seems legit.

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.MXF should work as that is also SONY. I believe its PC vs MAC issue like ProRes vs DNxHD/GoPro Cineform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NO its not Available in full version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines