• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some of the text of the book is on top of other text.

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a book but it on ever few pages, some of the paragraphs are on top of other paragraphs, making both not readable. Who do I contact to get this corrected?

Thanks,

Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that if you scale the window differently or enter full screen mode that will change things enough to avoid the bug.

Also worth trying ADE1.7.2 as 2.0/2.0.1 have lots of bugs;

if you are already on 1.7.2 you may even hit lucky with 2.0.1

~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded 1.7.2 but the same issue was happening. Is there anyone I can contact by phone at Adobe or by email or is this forum the only way to get help? Thanks, Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try Live Chat, but they are generally not willing to help as they see ADE as a free therefore unsupported product.

You could try Sony Reader; free download from Sony intended to run with Sony eReaders but works quite happily without. https://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

If you are technical you could try DRM dripping (epubee) and then editing the book to see what is wrong;

but that would be pretty time consuming even if you knew what you were at.

Or DRM strip and try reading on thre free Calibre (much better option than ADE for most ebook stuff, except that it won't handle DRM)

Adobe Live Chat: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html,

or as a slight short cut try http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=digital-editions&topic=using-my-product-or-service

Choose topic ‘'Signing into my Account' , and then click on 'I still need help';

then you should see 'Chat with an Agent' at the bottom of the page.

Depending on screen resolution, you may need to scroll down a bit to see the Chat with an Agent' bit, just under 'Ask our Experts'.

'Ask our experts' will indeed just lead you back to this forum.

Sometimes you will get ‘Sorry! All agents are busy— please check back soon.’

Don’t refresh the page, just hang on and it should eventually go to ‘Chat Now, and agent is available’.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could another possibility be that the ebook I bought is corrupted somehow? Or it wasn't made well? I can't remember which site I bought the ebook from. Might that be the problem? I'll try those other ideas out too.

Best,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just contacted Kobo, where I bought the text from, to see if they could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think it quite possible the book wasn't made well, that is really where the 'editing the book to see what was wrong' comes in.

I think less likely it was corrupted, especially if it is a DRM one, as any corruption would be likely to stop it working completely.

Still, good luck chasing it up through Kobo or other ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kobo is refunding my money b/c the file was bad in some way. Too bad. I guess I'll get it on Kindle. It was cheaper there anyway, but the page numbering is not there, which is why I went for the epub version. Ah well. Thanks again for all your help! Best, Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines