• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

connection failing

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to install v 11.xx and get as far as the install page.  Then, I get an error message saying that the connection failed. I know I have good internet connection, and don't know why this install won't work.  I have several games that run on flash that won't run until I get the upgrade installed.  I am using Firefox as my browser.  I've never had this problem before, so am kinda freaked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem... It's been doing this for over a month, and I've uninstalled the plug-in, and reinstalled it more than 30 times. I'm at my wits end dealing with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, have you had any luck re: contact with Adobe about the problem or are they pretty much leaving you on your own to figure this out?

Amazingly enough, I changed browsers from Firefox to IE and flash works! IE's flash hasn't been updated in over a year. So what's up with this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with the installation program not maintaining a connection via internet. Your FAQ's don't address the problem.  Please try again, I'm missing a lot of good content because it's flash based and won't run right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download and run the Uninstaller:

Flash Player Uninstaller

Then, use the "offline" FULL installers:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

NO connection required to run ANY of them.

If you're having problems after that, it's either a conflicting plugin, or your connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines