• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get Adobe to recognize my user name & password?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noted an Adobe user name and password I had to reset on 10/10/13. Yet it is found invalid when I attempt to install the new update of Flash. I even re-set the password just to make sure and tried it again. Same thing: invalid. No way to contact Adobe Support. What the heck can I go? Can't change my other Mac to Mavericks if it makes it impossible to use Flash anymore. What is Adobe thinking? They are just as bad as Google.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

It's NOT your Adobe password that's required. It's your Operating System Admin password. You need that to install ANY software.

Adobe DOESN'T run your Mac, and they DON'T run Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's NOT your Adobe password that's required. It's your Operating System Admin password. You need that to install ANY software.

Adobe DOESN'T run your Mac, and they DON'T run Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the first thing I tried, of course. My Admin user name and password that work for all other installs didn't work either.

It's easy to understand why Apple doesn't recommend Flash...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Apple doesn't recommend Flash" because people like you can't remember their freakin' OS password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines