• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions isn't seeing my Nook

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded ADE and am trying to load my borrowed ebooks from the library onto my Nook Color, but ADE isn't "seeing" my Nook.  I have tried everything to get it to see it so I can authorize it, but nothing I do leads to ADE seeing it.  I have restarted and unplugged in all different orders and followed all instructions I can find, but it just won't see my nook.  I don't know what to do to fix this.  Please help!  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 does not generally recognize tablets, only dedicated ereaders.

For a tablet, install compatible Adobe DRM ereader app.  I suggest Bluefire; also consider Akdiko or Overdrive but some people have issues registering them. Some tablets come with such an app preinstalled.  Authorize the tablet from within the app to use your Adobe ID (details vary from app to app, usually somewhere within Settings)

The tablet may well be able to download books without use of ADE at all.  If you do want to transfer books from ADE/computer, use a file manager (Windows Explorer, Mac Finder) to copy to the tablet as mounted drive, or use a utility such as Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files I am trying to move to my Nook are .ascm files, and it says those have to be opened in ADE first then transfered.  I will also look into the apps and see if those work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You certainly have to convert .acsm files before transferring them to dedicated ereaders.

Converting is actually getting a book DRM book file (.epub/.pdf); the .acsm is just a token of purchace/loan.

It is probably best to convert them first even for a tablet,

but some tablet apps will be able to convert (as long as they have internet connection).

If you use Overdrive on the tablet it should be able to perform the complete borrow/download/convert/read process without using a computer at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines