• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded flash player. I cannot access it. it is not listed in my program files. only place I can find it is in my control pannel under programs. only option is to uninstall. how do I get it to work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a "plugin" for your browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, or Safari) and as such, won't be in your Programs, because it's only  a part of another program, depending on the browser you use. You can find the files for it in C/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash and C/Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash.

You "get it to work" by visiting a website or page that has Flash content (video or animation), provided you have it enabled in your browser.

For IE: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448

Firefox: Click Tools>Add-ons and under Pluging make sure it says, "Always Activate".

Chrome: it's activated by default. Type "chrome://plugins" in the address bar to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick response. I am aware that it is a plug in. I checked my browser and it is enabled. The problem comes when I go to a site that requires it, I get “ flash player must be installed down load it now. Any idea why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're using IE11, because that's where everyone is seeing this lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I am using IE11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IE11 is a "rolling train wreck". I seriously hope that this latest abomination is what it takes to finally wake people up to the fact that IE is garbage and always has been. Just because it comes with Windows, doesn't mean it's the only thing you can use and in no way does it mean it's the best choice for a browser.

I recommend using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines