Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word-stem or truncated search term

New Here ,
May 01, 2007 May 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I would like to enable my users to use truncated words in their searches. For example, if you enter "be" you would get results with "beef", "beer", etc.

Does anyone know if that is possible in WebHelp output is RH 6?

M.S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Snippet 53 on my site. The example you quote might not work though, consider STOPPED words.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thank you.

The snippet did describe what I wanted to accomplish; however, I couldn't get it to work for me. I couldn't find anything on stopped words in the RH help or forum, can you tell me how to use it?

M.S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project Settings | Advanced button will access a list of words that will not be searched. If you allow a user to search on BE, think of the number of results that will bring up.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2007 May 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In snippet 53, referenced above, it appears that the discussion is on .chm output. Could it be that the workaround described there is not applicable to WebHelp outputs?
Perhaps the example of querying "be" was not the best, but I still cannot get search to work for truncated terms that do not appear on the Stop List.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2007 May 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes sorry that is quite possible, I should have checked.

I have also looked at ZoomSearch as described in another topic but a test of that on my site suggests that will only find whole words too. If this a real priority you could try contacting the ZoomSearch people, they are very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp