• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

html5 previews fine but doesn't open online

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project previews fine in html5 and plays locally in all browsers, but won't open online in any browser. I just get a dark screen. The flash version works online. Any ideas why  the html 5 would play locally but not on the web?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Captivate version? Which browser and browser versions are you testing it on? Do you have a video (via interactions or slide videos) on the first slide? Check your system performance. Is it CPU usage anywhere near 100%?

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usiing Captivate 7 - latest version.  As I said, the project plays fine locally (using Dreamweaver) from all browsers.   No videos or interactions, but the project does include text to speech on some slides. As for CPU usage, wouldn't that affect the local preview?  I'm not sure how to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - as for browsers, i'm using latest version of chrome and latest other browsers. I've done html projects before and they work fine.  As I said, it won't even open. Just black screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit puzzled. What are you using Dreamweaver here for?

Other than that, since you are using the latest version of browsers, I don't see any issues here. Perhaps, just clearing the browser cache might help.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Dreamweaver to ftp published file to the web.  I think I found the problem. It seems that when I activated text to speech, I also clicked on the closed caption icon.  Unchecking "cc" on each slide seems to resolve the problem.  I can certainly live without closed captioning.  Thanks for your help resolving this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources