• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics Disappear

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2007 Apr 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are on RoboHelp version HTML X 5.0.2. I recently was upgraded to a new computer, and when I convert now from RoboHelp to Word, our graphics disappear. The first instance of a repeated graphic displays, has a little whilte box after it, and then never shows up again. I've tried reimporting the graphic, and this still doesn't work. I've compared my settings for generating a print document with a co-worker who is not having this problem, and they are the same. My co-worker has checked out my project and tried the conversion on her computer, and surprise, her graphics show up! What settings can I check? I've already rebooted my computer. Will this required reinstalling Word? Thanks, Chrpil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2007 May 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Have we already discussed this one?

Are you both running the project locally and generating locally?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did, but the solution of going to the folder and changing the settings there did not work, alas. I am running locally and generating locally. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you point me to the other thread so that I can see exactly what has been covered? You must have created it under another name as this thread shows two posts which are both in this thread.

Creating another thread does not help. If the first answer does not work, please go back to the thread and say what went wrong. Then I or others can suggest other things.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thread is….

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=448&threadid=1166099&h...

Also known as

Topic Title: Missing Graphics
Topic Summary: Missing graphics in Robohelp X5 trial
Created on: 06/23/06

Sorry about not continuing the original thread. I figured, the original poster never responded back to indicate whether the suggestions worked. Figured it was a dead thread. I’ve now posted to that thread my original question. It’s all new to me, this process. : )

Regards,

Chrpil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I meant was it something WE had discussed. I was also thinking recently.

Take a look at this post.

http://tinyurl.com/2rhzvd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We, as in you and I? No, I don't think so. This is my first time posting. I did see that other thread you mentioned, and I reviewed that one. I think my issue is a little different because my images are visible in RH, but not in the word document I'm trying to create. I went to Word and found View > Picture, but could not find a selection called "placeholders." I can insert the graphic using View > Picture > Insert Picture, but it defeats the purpose if I have to insert my graphics by hand, alas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Take a look at Print Issues on my site. I am not sure why you are having issues with the same project if you both have the same versions of Word but take a look at that topic next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Wow! Thanks. I think this worked:(this is what I found, for the next person who searches on this issue)

"Then Eileen Suszek came up with this neat idea.

1. Create the document in RoboHelp and choose the "Link to Document" check box.
2. In Word click Edit | Links.
3. In the dialog select all the files.
3. Tick the "Save pictures in Document" check box.
4. Click OK. "

Basically, I changed the settings in RH on the Print Document General - Printed Documentation window. I have PDF'd the project and am sending it to be reviewed, to make sure it looks good on someone else's computer.

Regards,

Chrpil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp