• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with e-licence

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't download my 4 books I bought on kobobooks because "the e-licence already fulfilled by another user". It is not the first time I buy and download e-books on e-reader SONY PRS-T2. I asked kobobooks to reset the licence and they really did it. They furthermore believe the problem is ADE. I'm sure that the ID for ADE and kobobooks is the same. What can I do? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking ...

You can still read other books on both ADE and on the Sony?

BUT You can't read these new books on either ADE or on the Sony?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can still read other books on ADE and e-reader Sony but I can't read the new books.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that a bug in ADE means that it will not work with some Sony ereaders and library books.

Maybe (just guessing) the same bug stops it working with kobo books???

~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion, I downloaded the older version of ADE (1.7.2) without success but the problem isn't ADE versus Sony e-reader but rather  ADE doesn't recognize my license. I suspect it's because when I tryed to download the-books, just afterwords I bought them, I didn't know that the library had changed denomination (from LA FELTRINELLI to KOBOBOOKS) so I tryd many times the wrong password and the wrong ID. Grateful for any suggestion

Fragori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All I can suggest is contacting Kobo and seeing if they can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines