• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will RH10 support importing Word 2013 docs?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2013 Dec 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Robohelp 10 support importing documents from  Word 2013?

If Adobe does not add this functionality, my organization will have to switch to Doc-to-Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No guarantees ā€“ they may just do it in the next version of RH; have you indicated your need for this to be fixed via the official Bug Form - https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it that you need to do? Link, import or generate printed documentation?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. I submitted a request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to let them know that you want/need something; otherwise theyā€™re not going to want to patch a version with something if nobodyā€™s looking for it. Personally, I could care less about integration to Word as all of my projects are either FM to RH or authored directly in RH, so itā€™s not an issue that affects me at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kenneth

Wondered if you have missed my reply as depending on your answer, it may be possible for you to use Word 2013.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to import a MS word 2013 document into RoboHelp.  I do not need to link or generate printed documentation. 

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what matters is the version on your machine rather than what was

used to create the document. Pending Rh supporting 2013 try getting someone

to save in 97/03 format. Might work.

Can you put 2010 on as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit late to the party here, but I have had the same frustration. Looking into RH 11, I noticed that on the new comparison chart (RH 11 vs. older versions), Office 2013 is indicated as supported for RH 10! Either it's skirting over the Word doc importing problem or (hopefully) a patch will be released for RH 10... Fingers crossed!

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/robohelp/robohelp-11/PDF/ROBO...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't bet on a patch for RH10. That would be a first.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The indication that 2013 is supported is a mistake and I will bring that to Adobe's attention. As Willam indicates, there will not be a patch for Rh10.

There is a workaround for creating printed documentation. See Using Rh10 on my site. There is no workaround for importing.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Importing is such a huge part of the value of the RH product, it's really a shame that they will (likely) leave the limitation as-is in RH 10.

Oh well, thanks for the input all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp