• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Images in Printed Doc

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2007 Sep 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I running Robohelp HTML 6 and I am trying to generate printed documentation in pdf format.
For some reason it does not include all images. These are gif and jpg files.
I can't figure out why it includes some images and not others.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having a problem with images being added to printed documentation. I am not getting any of my images
added.

Have you figured out anything on this yet?

Anyone else have any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks.

-- tbb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To both of you, take a look at the pages on my site about Printed Documentation and Print Issues. Maybe they will highlight what is going wrong.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2007 Sep 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
To both of you, take a look at the pages on my site about Printed Documentation and Print Issues. Maybe they will highlight what is going wrong.

I'm having this same issue as well. I use the following formats: gif, png, jpg. There doesn't appear to be a rhyme or a reason for some images to show up and others to not. All images show up in the online help, and yet several (about 60%) do not show up in the printed documentation (PDF or Word). It's notable to mention that the Word output does have a placeholder the same size as the image, however it's not linked to the image when you view the properties.

This is highly frustrating and I'm under a deadline which is that much tighter now that I have to go in and re-add so many images manually.

Peter Grainge, your site is informative and looks like you spent a lot of time on it. I have bookmarked it for future reference, however, in this instance it was unable to provide resolution.

Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2007 Oct 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that the images that were missing in the printed doc were surrounded by H3 tags instead of P tags. I replaced the H3 tags with P tags and now all the images show up in the printed doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2007 Oct 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Interesting one. Thanks. I'll add it to the list of things to look for.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp