• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player - new versions render 10x slower ?

Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite disappointing really...

Somewhere after FlashPlayer v11.6 things go south.

On one of my browsers I have v11.7.252 (which I could not find for download) but is still fast,

however I tested a few versions available from the adobe archives with 11.7.260 (or some other subversions), which proved slow.

To avoid the plugin factor, I tested the download SA (stand alone) versions which showed the performance issue.

11.6 and before = fast / 11.7 and later = slow

Chipset: i3, OS: Win8, No graphic accelerator

Don't take my word for it, you can see for yourself:

https://dcprequest.herokuapp.com

Here any image corrections will re-render for about 0.5 seconds on v11.6 and earlier,
and it will take more than 5 seconds on most 11.7 and later (including 11.9 and 12.0).

(hint: after 2 sec. of rendering a message with rendering percentage tracking will appear)

... any "solutions" to this problem, other than informing the page-visitors to roll-back their FlashPlayers to v11.6 if they want fast rendering?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Whilst this thread link isn't the same problem I don't think it's a co incidence everyone on here is complaining about flash performance since circa 11.6 and up. I bet the issues are due to the same bugs. We just all need to keep pressurising adobe until they finally acknowledge their software has gone to pot since the heady days of 11.5 ish. It's rubbish now!

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1353491?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

since my page does not use built-in codecs the performance drop is clearly of basic math calculations

and I have to confirm Chrome's plugin is the version 11.7.252, which has no performance issues.

why would they be sabotaging all other versions (including SAs)...?

it looks like they are trying to sell Flash to Google (after dropping the ball on Flex to Apache)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines