• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many authorisations

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had two tickets open to get my accounts unlock as they have too many authorisations error and still no one has responded after 5 days anyone know how to get this resolved ??

I can see how amazon will win the ebook war if adobe dont pull their finger out and provide decent support to consumers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you are having a hard time.  If you post the case #'s, I can see what's happening and mention the problem to the support management and see if we can get the problem solved for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi thank you any help would be apreciated the case#0181258531  i know why its locked, i upgraded the firmware on my cool-er ereader and it stopped registering with adobe so i deregistered and reregistered too many times till i got E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONs.

I really really need my activation coutn reseting, support came back to me but were asking me for my ID and password is this normal that is hould have to give my password?

all i want is access to my ebooks again 🙂 please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's currently marked as 'Pending Customer Action' so they are waiting for something for you (check your message box to see if there is any notes there)  In the mean time send me a private message with your AdobeID (it's not in the records I can look at ), and I'll go fix your activation count for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation has been reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can mine be reset too? I'm getting the "too many authorizations" error but now have only 3 devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They won't reset as a result of a post on this forum.

Adobe Live Chat: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html,

or as a slight short cut try http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=digital-editions&topic=using-my-product-or-service

Choose topic ‘'Signing into my Account' , and then click on 'I still need help';

then you should see 'Chat with an Agent' at the bottom of the page.

Depending on screen resolution, you may need to scroll down a bit to see the Chat with an Agent' bit, just under 'Ask our Experts'.

'Ask our experts' will indeed just lead you back to this forum.

Sometimes you will get ‘Sorry! All agents are busy— please check back soon.’

Don’t refresh the page, just hang on and it should eventually go to ‘Chat Now, and agent is available’.

They can reset your authorizations, and then you must reauthorize any devices you still need.

(Unfortunately, Adobe haven’t got round to an admin website for viewing and editing authorizations.)

Some of the representatives haven't been properly trained and don't know what to do (and claim there is nothing they can do);

in that case the only way seems to be to give up that chat and try another session hoping for a properly trained representative.

If your problem is with another device using Overdrive, Bluefire, Aldiko or similar third party app, it is recommended not to mention that app when on the chat, just mention that you have run out of authorizations  (E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS) .  Thanks to AJP_Bear for that tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines