• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a RoboHelp fix/update for IE 11?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that RH WebHelp currently does not officially support IE 11, and that Adobe has indicated this will be fixed in the next RH release, but that this release (or a separate fix/update for this) has not occurred yet.

Is this understanding correct, or am I missing an update announcement, and if so, can someone point me to it? I've had people in office who seem convinced an update has happened, but are unable to provide definite links to said updates, so I need to know if I'm somehow completely blind on an important update.

Thanks.

PS: I'm aware there's been various "hacks" suggested for the IE 11 issue, but my concern here is only regarding an official Adobe update / fix for this topic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, nothing official yet :<(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, sir!

Has there been an official announcement? I've seen references to 'official' responses by Adobe regarding bug reports (which I just submitted), but anything more "public" I can point people to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last blurb I’ve seen was in this thread - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5892194#5892194

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep: the partial bug fix is called "RoboHelp 11" and will set you back $399 or more for some bug fixes. I can validate it works sort of OK with IE11 (e.g., you don't lose the TOC/Index/Search panel), but still does not address the DHTML issue after more than a year. Oh, you can now use Word 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flaven, I'm new to RoboHelp but I downloaded the RH 11 trial to see if it fixed the TOC problem (our project was originally gnerated with RH 5).  It didn't fix it for me, but all I did was import the old project and generate the output.  Is there something else I need to do to fix the TOC issue? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramidus...now, that is surprising to me. I've been hard hit by this issue with 12 WebHelp projects, and every single one now works OK with IE11 running RH11. Did you receive an ActiveX warning? What exactly are you experiencing using IE11 (e.g., blank TOC pane)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flaven, I may have to backtrack on that.  My help is behaving oddly, but RH 11 may have fixed the TOC problem.  I think I had a caching issue which prevented me from seeing the fixed results.  Thanks for your help, and I'll chime back in if the problem didn't go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp