Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

32 bit-to 64-bit?

Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. new here.  my daughter has been having troouble on webassign--not being able to read all of the questions.  have been trying to download( free version)  to update my flash player.  have gotten it to active x version 12.0.0.38 and plug in to 12.0.043.  when downloading, the page reads that i have a 64-bit system, then i get a 32-bit download.  could this be my problem? if so, how do i get the 64-bit to load?  all my system reqirements excede what webassign calls for, but still probs. is the 32-bit an issue?    thanks  mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no separate 32-bit and 64-bit installer.  On a 32-bit system the installer will install the 32-bit player; on a 64-bit system it will install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

You can verify it by checking the contents of

• C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

On what browser do you experience these problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on ie 11. then would it show 32-bit on my control panel? actually I found my daughter ( I guess) had installed google chrome which I think has a higher ver of flash because webassign will display properly when using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Player (32 bit) in the control panel refers to the Global Settings Manager, which is a 32 bit app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thanks for clearing that up. mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines