Exit

See Also Links Not Working

Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 9.0.2.271

Chrome browser 32.0.1700.76

Generating WebHelp

Note: Moving this discussion from Adobe Community > RoboHelp > Discussions to this forum (Adobe Community > RoboHelp > WebHelp).

I apologize up front for the duplicate, but the original post was in the wrong forum I think, and I could not find a way to easily change the forum location.

Can someone help, PLEASE?

Can someone point me to a forum post that I have missed that has an answer?

I have searched the forum posts for hours with no success. However, I did find some fixes to other problems related to opening WebHelp using Chrome.

I have a WebHelp project containing See Also links.

The links don’t work in Chrome. The links work as expected in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

The links are not appearing anywhere in the topic, for example, at the top of the topic.

The project is currently stored locally and can be opened.

I stored the project on a network drive, but the links still don’t work.

Is there any chance that the links will work if the project is stored on a Web server? I don’t have access to a Web server to test the links.

I don’t have the luxury of upgrading to RH10, so I hope there is a fix that will work with RH9.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a look at this thread - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5775431#5775431

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth

First, thanks for your help.

I have seen the thread you provided, http://forums.adobe.com/message/5775431#5775431#5775431.

Previously, I had added "--allow-file-access-from-files" to a Chrome shortcut as noted in the thread. I can open the project that is stored locally using the customized shortcut.

The See Also links (button) still don’t work.

I had not tried the suggestion to update whproxy.js that is at http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/webhelp-output-fails-load-chrome.html.

I didn’t try the suggestion because it related to RH10, and I am using RH9.

I have now tried the suggestion.

I downloaded whproxy.js and replaced the file in the output folder as noted.

I cannot view the local project in Chrome using the new whproxy.js file. The page flickers.

I removed "--allow-file-access-from-files" from the customized shortcut, but the project still couldn’t be viewed.

I reverted to my original whproxy.js file and the use of "--allow-file-access-from-files". I can view the project again.

However, the problem still exists with the See Also links. The button is visible but clicking the button does not open the list of topics.

Do you have any other suggestions that I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’ve enabled JavaScript right? Are you disabling Pop-Ups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth

I think I have the Chrome settings that you mentioned set as noted. See picture below

ChromeSettings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, got me – I don’t use “See Also” links so I’m out of guesses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp