Yeah it's quite strange, but it's not the first time this has troubled a application in OSX. Remember a few years back at a workplace, we had some issues a application and the only solution was to change the region/language from a european to english. : )
Hey, I just wanted to thank you. I've been using acr the last few days after resetting the language and it's amazing but it works. Exposure slider no longer moves around. Fingers crossed this is the solution.
thank you, thank you, thank you...mille fois...
Wow... I've had this problem too for a couple of months.
The exposure slider jumps back whenever I try to use another slider. Even if I try to change the exposure as the last thing before I open the image, it stills jumps back. It was driving me crazy, so I was really hoping for a bug fix.
Today, I found this thread. And, strange as it seems, it really helps to change the region of the computer..! I've jumped between Sweden (where I live) and USA a couple of times, and the bug is gone when the computer thinks I'm in the U.S. and reappears as soon as I set it back to Sweden.
I'm on an iMac 3,5 GHz i7 with 24 GB of RAM and running Mavericks (10.9.1) with Adobe CC.
A really annoying bug. But an even stranger solution...
Hi SwedishKiwi, when you say that you changed the region/language setting -- Where/how did you do that? For example, did you go to System Preferences and change the Language settings there? Or somewhere else? Thanks.
Hi Eric...I'm not SK, but that's what I did too...system preferences > language and text > Region > and then i selected United States (computer)...
so far this is working...exposure slider no longer jumping around when setting anything else...
It's just as momo55 is saying; change the country/region and the bug is gone.
I've tried to do it while Photoshop is running, but it seems you have to restart PS after the change for it to have an effect.
This is one of those bugs that I would love Adobe to explain, after they've solved it!
Hi, thanks for providing the details of how you changed your language settings. That helps.
Unfortunately I don't have the final answer, but please see reply/post #8 in this thread:
Crazy! But it works. Changing my region from the Netherlands to US and the bug is gone.
Unbelievable... The bug is very misterious, as it was working perfectly and suddenly it starts to change my life... :-(
But the solution is absolutely crazy...
The worst is that the bug was claimed on 2013, we are in 2015 in this moment, and everything remains the same... no solution from Adobe... :-(