• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vendor account not associated?

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally installed ADE and and authorized use without a vendor account or Adobe ID.  I had to perform system restore on my laptop and ADE was removed for some reason so I had to reinstall it.  This caused me to have to create and Adobe ID.  So I registered/created an Adobe ID and password.

Now each time I open ADE and try to read my ebook from the library, I get the error

"The vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open. Try again."

When I reinstalled ADE, and I reopened it, the ebook I previously purchased was still there, now I just cannot open it. What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these are library books you are lucky.  Wait for the loan to expire (you wn't be able to return it early while you have this problem) and borrow it again.

More stuck with bought books.

This is a vicious trap that Adobe lays for unsuspecting customers.

They do give very mild warnings, but not nearly strong enough.

When you register 'without ID', ADE creates an anonymous/implicit ID with limited powers (eg can't be used to share with other devices).

Whenever you first load a DRM book, that copy of the book is associated with whatever ID the computer is registered to at the time.

Any book you load while this anonymous ID is active gets associated with that ID, and can't be read on any other device.

When you properly register your computer with a real ID, that old anonymous ID is lost.

Now you don't have any devices that can read the book.

Not appropriate for you, but for completeness .....

The only way I know round this is to use a DRM stripper such as epubee BEFORE you deauthorize the device.

I do NOT advocate using such code to get around the valid limitations placed on a DRM book.

However, where the problem arises only because of the ineptness of Adobe's ADEPT DRM infrastructure and its implementation,

such a measure is totally justifiable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole ADE thing is such a frustrating disaster!!! I spent almost an hour trying to download an library ebook to my NOOK. I've installed software. Create stupid Adobe account. Waited 15 minutes for the confirmation email. Now I've learned I am screwed because I have make an irreversible mistake of registering 'without ID'! Good to know I can wait 21 days for the library loan to expire. The non-Kindle ecosystem is so f**k'd with this unusable UI. Death to DRM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this (it worked for me):

1) In ADEditions, go to Help --> Erase Authorization

2) In ADEditions, go to Help --> Authorize [using Adobe ID]

3) Select Book(s) --> right click --> Remove from Library

4) Re-add book(s) (in case that you have an .acsm file with a link, open this file with ADEditions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually don't try this!! that's what I did thinking I could read my book on both my laptop and my phone and now I have lost a 60€ ebook!! don't try this it will not work. Once you selected "open the ebook without an ID" you need to go to help >> authorization information and there you need to read and save the temporary Id that has been created for your laptop. Maybe you can use this in case you need to re-authorize but most probably you will not be able to do it.

There is no reason why Adobe offer the "no id" when opening a ebook with DRM as in case anything happen to the laptop or if by any reason you have to reinstall your system, then your book is lost!!

Never check the box "without ID" but if you are reading this it may be a bit too late...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines