• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 7 - No Import Option

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exported and imported captions before via Word a few months ago.  I haven't needed to add new translations until now so I exported all captions from 3 of my cptl files, translated within the Word doc, opened up the same cptl files and the Import --> Project Captions and Closed Captions is greyed out on all of them.  I have tried the "Administrator" trick but it still doesn't give me the option to even select. I've tried my other captivate files and they all have the option greyed out.  I've closed out Captivate, reset my computer, opened again......all that and no changes.  Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You said you were using CPTL files? Is that a typo?  You should be using CPTX files only. CPTL files are Captivate template files.

Try creating a CPTX file from your CPTL and then check to see if this option is then available.  If it is, that may mean you can import the documents, but if not, you may need to do the translation again by exporting/translating/importing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources