Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Multiple Baggage Files

May 03, 2007 May 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am purging our Knowledge Base to eliminate dozens of topics we don't need anymore. Any of those topics included as many as ten+ PDF documents that could be downloaded. All the topics are gone, but these PDFs are still sitting in the project as baggage files. I am watching my hair go white deleting all of these things one at a time - the delete process itself takes longer than it takes to delete other files, for some reason.

Is there another way to delete baggage files in batches? Maybe in a file - without freaking out the project?

Looking forward to learning something new - Laurin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2007 May 03, 2007
Hi lmarden. The file you require is the rhbag.apj file in your project's directory. Take a backup, open it in a text editor and delete at will.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lmarden. The file you require is the rhbag.apj file in your project's directory. Take a backup, open it in a text editor and delete at will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Thanks so much - that did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Imarden.

If you look in your project directory in Windows Explorer, are the .pdf files still there, even though you deleted them from the project?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, they are still there. Can I delete them in Windows Explorer, now that they are out of the project? Or will everything go BOOM??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, delete them, or it's likely they will get published.

For super-safe, belt-and-suspenders precautions, make sure the project is not open when you delete the files. It shouldn't matter, but . . .

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Will definitely purge them - and you're right. Why take chances. I'll close and backup and then delete the files. Thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp