• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 10 Hangs at Loading Importerquicktime.prm then resets

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the Premiere Elements 10, and installed all the discs onto my 64 bit Windows 7 computer. It opens up the screen for "organize, new project, open project" and when selecting New Project it opens a load screen, and then closes and goes back to the main screen after it gets to "loading importerquicktime.prm"

I just downloaded teh newest quicktime, and still isn't working

I have AVG security software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to run the program without the security software?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this want help you but I too am unable to use Premier elements 10 because it hangs while loading "importingquicktime.prm". It then goes back to the opening menu. Organizer works fine as does Photoshop, which was bought as a complete pack. I have the latest version of quicktime 7.7.1. I have checked my laptop and it has easily enough spec to cope with the programme.

I have been onto Adobe customer Support. Their technicians seems totally unaware of the probelm and seem to find it hard to grasp what is happening. They keep asking what error message comes up. There IS NO error message.

They got me to turn of all other programmes including the antivirus and to set up a new catologue in Organizer. Still the same problem.

I have spent so long on the phone to them that I will need a bank loan to pay for the phone bill. On three seperate occasions they have agreed to phone me back sometime during that day. Each times they failed to do so. It seems that they have a department called customer service and service is the last thing they want to offer.

They got me to delete my display driver. Premier elements then opened. However when I re installed the display driver, guess what. It want work again.

I am surprised that Adobe seem not to know there is a problem as there has been a number of posts on this forum on the same subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jubileejazz wrote:

They got me to delete my display driver. Premier elements then opened. However when I re installed the display driver, guess what. It want work again.

So it appears the graphics driver is the problem. Make sure you get the latest driver from the manufacturers website (usually one of nvidia, AMD, or Intel). Wndows Update rarely has the most recent drivers.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I called Adobe Japan support but they cannot show the solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest graphics driver. I am using Lenovo ThinkPad X301. The graphics is the chipset's. With or without latest Quicktime, the problem occurs. I disabled all the services and startups and the problem occurs. I am using Microsoft Security Essentials. With or without it, the problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, did you check on the Lenovo and Intel Web sites, for the latest driver for your chip and OS?

As Neale points out, Windows will usually be very wrong, and by 6 - 12 mos.. With nVidia and ATI/AMD, that could be 12 drivers out of date. Not so much with Intel, as they do not release video drivers with the same regularity.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Lenovo website the latest driver they show for the X301 is v8.15.10.2555 dated 17 Jan 2012. Is that the one you have ?

Cheers,

--

Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, that is pretty current! I am surprised, but in a very good way, especially for the OP.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Thinkpad X301 video driver I am using is 8.15.10.2555. I tried to install 32 bit version of Premier Elements but I could not install it. The UAC is disabled. I started Premier Elements 10 with administrative mode but the problem occurs. The Premier Elements 10 leave no messages on screen or event viewer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not unheard of for a new driver to break PRE. It is how I first came to these forums in 2009 - eventually my problem was pinned down to a specific nvidia driver release.

I suggest you uninstall the latest driver and try some of the older ones.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried older drivers before the latest driver but the problem occurs. The Adobe support's guide was to use the latest driver...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, the latest driver IS the answer, though not always.

Going back a few years, nVidia had two drivers in a row, that caused issues with many Adobe programs. By the time that users figured out the problem and the fix, a new, and truely improved driver was released.

ATI/AMD has not been totally immune either, and usually, when there is a bad driver, a new one is released very quickly.

Sorry that the Lenovo driver was not the fix.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all these things.  I think it is a software bug.  Seems like nobody can run it in 64 bits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Same problem here. Any solution?

Regards

Flageborg

Adobe_Premier_Error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us the specs. of your computer, and the exact symptoms that you are encountering. This ARTICLE will give you tips on the info, that would be very useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This is my system Info from within Premiere Organizer:

Elements Organizer 10.0.0.0

Core Version: 10.0 (20110914.m.17521)

Language Version: 10.0 (20110914.m.17521)

Current Catalog:

Catalog Name: My Catalog

Catalog Location: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog\

Catalog Size: 139KB

Catalog Cache Size: 2,8MB

System:

Operating System Name: Windows 7

Operating System Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1

System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:10 Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP

Built-in Memory: 16GB

Free Memory: 12,3GB

Important Drivers / Plug-ins / Libraries:

Microsoft DirectX Version: 9.0

Apple QuickTime Version: 7.71

Adobe Reader Version: 9.5

Adobe Acrobat Version: Not installed

CD and DVD drives:

E: (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM BUS: 1 ID: 1 Firmware: GT32N)

F: (SONY BD BUS: 5 ID: 5 Firmware: RW)

Adobe_Premier_Error_Arrow.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Premiere Elements ---> Organize is starting as expected...

The problem is New Project & Open Project...

Adobe_Premier_Organize.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When PrE fails, at New Project, what is the exact error message that you receive?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no error message...its only returning to normal menu....nothing happens....

See picture

Adobe_Premier_Menu_Normal.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All other programs are working fine...including Photoshop Elements 10

Why not Premiere 10?

Some test I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try bypassing the Welcome screen by running PRE directly. In the Programs folder you will find two programs:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\Adobe Premiere Elements 10.exe

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Double-click the second of these (it will have the largest size) and see if that opens the editing workspace for you.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with premier element 10, it hangs for awhile at loading importerquicktime.prm before allowing me to use the program.

if I turn off internet connection, then it start quickly and does not hang. 

Definitely need help on this one.   Don't like to turn off my internet connection off then on in order to use premier element....  please Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JMaiMai

It probably would be better to start you own new thread on your problem

premier element 10, it hangs for awhile at loading importerquicktime.prm before allowing me to use the program.

But, I will comment here for now.

This has been happening to me periodically with Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit.

I have many versions of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements on the same computer. I have not found the reason, but what consistently and immediately remedies the situation is to go to the Task Manager/Processes and End Process for the process named "Elements OrganizerSyncAgent.exe" which can be traced to Elements Organizer 10.

Have you tried that remedy instead of turning off your Internet connection?

More later.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no message.  It just stops loading at "LoadingQuickTime.prm"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines