• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My flash got unistalled and I can not find out how to reinstall it

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My flash got unistalled and I can not find out how to reinstall itall it keeps telling me is thatit is already installed on windows 8 and have spent hours to try and fix it with no luck

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player for IE in Windows 8 and 8.1 is embedded by Microsoft, and without removing several unique registry keys, and one specific Windows Update KB Patch, it cannot be uninstalled.

I seriously doubt you, or anything on your system, did all that, so it IS still installed.

If you're one of the unlucky souls who updated to IE11, your problems stem from the browser, NOT the Flash Player plugin.

Microsoft really did a number on the code for IE11, and pages can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player. So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.

Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.

I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know much about it but my screen went green when watching videos and my friend said he was going to uninstall it and reinstall it i know he uninstalled it i dont know if he fully did or not but when it serches for it on the website it says it is not installed idk all this stuff confusses me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your help though I appreciate you trying to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Green screen" IS NOT caused by Flash Player... (Tell your friend NOT to help anymore)

Green screen is 99.999% of the time due to outdated or corrupted video drivers.
Update them from the manufacturer (NOT Windows): http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for your help but ya i wont ask him for help anymore i THOUGHT he knew what he was doing but thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines