• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

<$chaptertitlename> gives unexpected results

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.  I wanted to use the chapter title name in the footer of my master pages so I went to the master page, deleted some static text i found there then tried to add the building block <$chaptertitlename> but what i got was the short file name instead.  Is there a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: Chapter Title Name variable in FM10

I'd go with Running H/F 1 or 2 myself, depending on how you implement chapter titles in body text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The <$chaptertitlename> building block wasn't really designed for what you're trying to use it for. It's for hierarchical books where you're using folders and templates.

From the Help:

Associate a template with a folder

Associate a template with a folder to publish a cover page for the files in the folder. Any template associated with a folder is published like any other file in a book. Use the <$chaptertitlename> variable to include the folder name in the template associated with the folder. You can use this variable for a folder occurring at any level in a book.

See also:

http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/09/fm9_hierarchical_books_new_variable.html

http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/06/numbering_in_hierarchical_books.html

As Error suggests, use a running header/footer variable to reference the paragraph text of the chapter title tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines