• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

google app can't play all the audio and video on this page, any suggestions?

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Lenovo Yoga laptop with W8.1. I have downloaded the google app, and when I search for something and the go to open a video, the flash player doesn't work and I get a message across the top of the window saying "google app can't play all the audio and video on this page"

Does anyone have a fix? i can only find a fix for google chrome, not their app.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which "Google App" are you referring to?

Chrome is made by Google and it's a browser. I know of no "Gogle App for video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "app" from the windows app store called "google search" http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/app/308dc145-6851-487d-b83b-1223a3b52dc2

It isn't specific to search video or anything else, you just type in the search and it finds the answers, but it isn't done via chrome. When the result includes a video or audio and I click on the link to that page, the app kicks up that the flash player needs downloading. I can't work out how to do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so the Google App isn't really a part of it, but the avenue that leads to the error message.

I have to assume you're using IE11 since it's Windows 8.1, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry no, it is an app, Not run from a browser, It appears to be standalone. I am not

running it in ie, chrome or firefox. it is an individual tile on the w8 homescreen that opens up google search, it then lists the results as google does, and you can view pages as normal webpages, but won't play video and won't load flashplayer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used steps recorder to show what the problem is, but ai don't seem to be able to upload it to the forum, if you message me an email, i will send the file over, it might make more sense,

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Metro mode only supports Flash Player in Internet Explorer.  It does not support Flash Player in any other app.  This is per Microsoft, not Adobe.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maria,

I presume by Metro Mode, you mean opening apps from the tiles, rather than opening full programs from the desktop? Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines