• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPT imported into Captivate 6 & Text/Objects appear as each slide starts

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported a 2010 PPTX file into Captivate 6 and during playback text & some objects on the screen appear for a split second (all are timed and should not show yet) as each new slide transitions. There is no update available, i've tried multiple changes i both Captivate and PPT and am still getting the same result and have found it on multiple projects. Anyone else have this issue?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael,

Thanks for reaching Adobe Community Help. Please accept my apologies for the same.

I have few questions before we proceed:

• What operating system you have on your computer?
  • Are you using these animations as a part of PowerPoint?
  • Are these objects timed in Captivate or PowerPoint?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 7.

The animations are a part of teh PowerPoint and the objects/animations are timed in PowerPoint as i ahve done in the past without this issue occuring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And which version do you use, because there is already a 6.01 and 6.1

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use PPT as a base for Captivate, can suggest to try a Fade in transition on the slide, to avoid this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fade transition actually makes it more noticable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem

Is there a fix?

I'm running cp6, v 6.0.1.240.  The adobe updater says it is up to date.

I am on windows 7.

Please help!!!! This is going to completely wreck the workflow with my client!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit of a workaround I found. If you do not transition from slide to slide automatically, that is put a button or clickbox to hold action ad then use the button, clickbox or playbar to go to next slide, the flicker does not happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please copy all the slides and paste them in a new project and see if that makes a difference?

Also, can you try this on a new powerpoint project, import it to Captivate and see if it is happening on the new project as well on not.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both and it still does it. It's diong it on multiple projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem. As LMS_90 said, a click box fix the issue (or other user driven navigation) but we need sometime to jump to the next slide automatically...And it doesnt help for the first slide.

We tried a lot of adjustements in our PPT template then we saw that the issue happens even with a blank ppt if we don't use a clickbox to pause each slide.

Does someone used PPTX animations in CP6x project without experiencing this issue ? (with no click box or playbar click ofc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread just sort of died out last year, but there was never any kind of resolution found. I am experiencing the exact same issue today. I am getting really tired of Adobe ignoring these kinds of issues. Converting from PowerPoint should be the most basic function of the software and it cannot do even this?

How do you keep the slide from flashing a preview of the end result before an animation? If I could even edit the darn slide and cut off the half second of flashing preview that would be something, but this tool cannot even do that (I can do that with FREE video editors).

Sorry to sound frustrated, but the more I use this product, the more It seems to break at even the most basic of functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sure, it's easy to sit there and proclaim that importing from PPT is a "basic" function. I know I certainly wouldn't be able to program something to accomplish it.

The fact is, there is a lot going on behind the scenes for Captivate. If you look closely, you will see that when each PPT slide comes into Captivate, it gets converted to a Flash SWF file. That Flash SWF file becomes the background for that slide.

There are other approaches one may take with PPT and Captivate to achieve different and maybe better results. If you want the slide by slide type of project, treat PPT as you would any other application. Play the slide show and capture the screens using Captivate. If there is a lot of animation, do the same thing and use Captivate's "video demo" type of recording. That's exactly the way Camtasia Studio (a loose competitor to Captivate) does it.

And by all means, please report any issues to Adobe via the Wish/Bug Reporting form (linked below)

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem, i'm still frustrated with this bug becuase it is still ths same in 7. What i do is put a highlight box over the entire screen for a quarter of a second, set the box to white and it seems to do the trick. Importing a PowerPoint into Captivate is the most basic function of the tool. This issue has been reported to Adobe over the last two versions and has been ignored. I'm guessing that Rick hasn't used captivate much with PowerPoint or he would know that the publising of a recorded powerpoint often produces a subpar quality level of a file that often distorts text and animations. Once you record in the video demo then you have no practical way of editing the piece and as designers we know that there are always multiple edits so that's not a true option.

JBryant777 I hope that helps fisx the bug you've found.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, the PPT slide text gets distorted or fuzzy only when we change the default dimension of 960 x 720 while importing. Whenever we want a different dimension, (we prefer 800 x 600 or 1024 x 728 in some cases) we change the dimension of the PPT accordingly before importing.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is the same in Captivate 8. (Referring to the objects)

When trying to narrate in PowerPoint with a slide with three new elements that appear one at a time when spacebar is pressed it looks fine. When I import into captivate all the images appear after a second and then my narration is describing events that have already occurred.

Animation objects in PPT based on click advances are imported as background.

My work around was to split the PPT slide into 4 different slides and then as I went to slide to slide with narration.

Now I have to tell the Marketing Dept they can't use animations if they want their work published without me modifying their content.

Sorry for the double-post. Testing Community settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources