• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with authorizing a device

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have my Kobo glo attached to the computer it shows up in Digital editions and is indicated that it is authorized.  However when I transfer my library books to it, they show up blank and the device tells me that it is not authorized?  Any suggestions on what I should do.  Should I deauthorize the device and try again.

I have an older Kobo touch and do not have any problems with that one, the books transfer over no problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1 - try to deauthorize the Kobo, ctrl-shift-E (cmd-shift-E on mac) to ADE with kobo plugged in, then reautrhorize

2 - try factory reset of Kobo and reauthorize from ADE

3 - second hand ...

12 Nov

11:26 >>> BTW 74.11/15.65

+++++++++++++++

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

possible help with Kobo issues … I haven’t tried this

from post 23 in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1124380?tstart=0 by Shirltaylor, Jul 26, 2013

Yes it was extremely frustrating process to read any library books after the upgrade to Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.

Eventually it turned out that the process must have you sign out of the Kobo device Account under settings on the Kobo Device.

What we did was to remove all library books from the Kobo device and from the Adobe Digital Edition

Next was to sign out of the Kobo Device as well as the Kobo Desktop on the PC as well as exiting from Adobe Digital Edition.

Next was to start up Kobo Desktop and sign in.

Next was to connect the Kobo device to the USB port.

This resulted in the Kobo device being upgraded and Sync'd to the Kobo Desktop. Wait until the Sync is complete

Disconnect the Kobo device from the USB port

Next was to restart Adobe Digital Edition and using CTRL-SHIFT-D to deauthorize the computer and select Erase Authorization.

Next was to go back to Adobe Digital Edition, Help and Authorize Computer

Next was to reconnect the Kobo device to the USB port

Next was to select the Kobo device in the Adobe Digial Edition and Authorize the device

Next was to get a library book in the Adobe Digital Edition and then add it to the Kobo Device

Everything seems to be working from then on.

Have fun reading again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines