• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error returning item. E_BAD_LOAN_ID

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to RETURN (right click, return) a borrowed book to the City Library, this message comes and the book is not returned and the books remain on Adobe.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Error returning item.   License Server Communication Problem.  E_BAD_LOAN_ID

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be worth going to the library website online and seeing if the loan really has been returned or not.

ADE does not always delete returned books, just marks them invalid and you then need a separate delete.

Once the loan has been returned, future attempts to return it could well give E_BAD_LOAN_ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I then do "a separate delete" after a book has been "marked invalid"?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just take the same path as I would to return the book but instead of returning it I remove it from my library.  When the tittle expires it is automatically returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem

I have deleted the books from my library in ADE even though I could not return them.. However the public library thinks they are still on loan. I cannot borrow another book because it thinks I still have 3 (maximum) on loan. I have only just begun to use ADE with my new ereader. I am disappointed to find bugs in the software so soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have solved the problem. I de-authorised the computer and the reauthorised it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines